Thursday, September 26, 2024

Glen Eagle Maintenance (9/27/24)

The big news this week has been Hurricane Helene…

We missed the majority of the storm but have recorded 3.45” of rain and a maximum wind gust of 49 mph.

Prior to storms like Helene we send crews out to check as many of the community drains as possible. They remove debris and generally make sure the drains are ready for the storm.

You can see in the second picture that the water level is well below the top of the drain and ready to take on the oncoming rainfall.



On Wednesday we had some unexpected help. MRI, the company who is cleaning our lake interconnects happened to be out working on the project. I call that perfect timing.



I did get one report of a tree down on #9 tee. Hopefully this will be the extend of the damage to GE. We will get it cleaned up as quickly as possible on Friday.


Enough of storm talk, I’ll leave you with a couple pictures I took earlier this week, before the storm passed by.



I look forward to seeing everyone on the course, and as always, if you have any questions, flag me down or shoot me an email. I always enjoy talking turf!






No comments:

Post a Comment