Hard to believe it is already October. I can tell you it sure doesn’t feel like it in Naples. 90+ degrees every day with feels like temperatures of 105 sure seems like summer. The rain and lighting still knocks on our door every day with up to 8” predicted in the next 7 days.
It has been nice to see many of our members back over the last week or so and I know many more will be returning very soon. Hopefully someone will bring a little cooler weather with them.
We are still working on detail work coming out of the summer maintenance and the course is looking pretty good.
One of my and the greens committee's initiatives this summer was to identify potential safety issues and address them where possible. Items like the blind spot behind #18 green where chimes and a message on the golf cart screen were added to alert drivers of potential oncoming traffic. Also, adding stairs to the steep slope at the #1 tee on hole 13.
Here are some pictures of the stairs in different stages of the project. They should be completed this Friday.
We are still doing some cleanup from the storm. Here are the guys working hard to save a tree on the left side of #8.
I look forward to seeing everyone on the course, and as always, if you have any questions, flag me down or shoot me an email. I always enjoy talking turf!












No comments:
Post a Comment