Wednesday, June 3, 2026

Glen Eagle Maintenance (6/2/26)

 As you would expect, we have had a lot going on this first week of the course closure. Our major cultural practices are going well and on schedule, and the tee leveling/regrassing and bridge work have started as planned. I had a lot of pictures and videos from the first two days of the closure so I consolidated them into a short movie linked below.

The video includes clips of some of the activities over the last 2 days:

Cultural Practices

  • Terra Rake WTW for thatch removal
  • Double Backtrack Verticut Greens
  • Blow off Greens
  • Mow Greens
  • 5/8” Core Greens Aerification
  • Core Removal
  • Blow off remaining core debris
  • Granular Fertilizer Greens (2x)
  • Water in Fertilizer
  • Topdress Greens
Tee Laser Leveling/Regrassing Project
  • Sod Cutting Tee Areas
  • Removal of Sod

Bridge Redecking
  • Deck Removal
  • Girder Repairs
YouTube Link to Video

More updates as we move along this summer.

I look forward to seeing everyone on the course, and as always, if you have any questions, flag me down or shoot me an email. I always enjoy talking turf!

No comments:

Post a Comment