A lot good things happening in the maintenance department this week.
First, I would like to thank the Leary’s for bringing over some delicious snacks for the the staff this week. A perfect morning pick-me-up at the end of our first tasks!
Next, this week I spotted an Osprey on the Osprey platform that was installed earlier this year. Pablo, our Tennis Professional noted that the Osprey visited the light where the old nest had been and immediately flew to the new nest location and started setting up shop. If the Osprey continue to use the new location it will be great for them and the tennis players.
Between our fertility program, higher humidity and recent rainfall, the course has been really green. The fairways have been especially full and colorful lately. Once the is storm (Rafael) gets out of here and the sun comes out I expect very nice conditions.
On November 1st we put out new course accessories (flags, flagsticks, and cups). The new equipment looks very nice!
We also filled our open Irrigation Tech position. Johnny McDonald recently moved to Naples from Maine. Since Gustavo moved into the Assistant Superintendent role he has been pulling double duty covering the irrigaiton position until we found the right person. Having Johnny on board will allow Gustavo to increase his time dedicated to team management while Johnny tackles the irrigation responsibilities. Please welcome Johnny to the team as you see him out on the course.
With the start of ladies and mens days this week, the team worked on cleaning up some of the off the course areas.
And planted some new plants at the Radio Road entrance
I look forward to seeing everyone on the course, and as always, if you have any questions, flag me down or shoot me an email. I always enjoy talking turf!










No comments:
Post a Comment