Thursday, January 25, 2024

Glen Eagle Maintenance (1/26/24)

 Golf Course

It is truly amazing how just a little sunlight brings out the color in the course. Now that the weather is more cooperative, we are starting to see a positive turf response and more grass growth.

You can see from the last picture that the greens were a bit off color earlier this week. That is due to the cold weather we had last weekend. Chlorophyll production in the plant slows down in cold weather and the plant turns a bronze color. For the most part they have recuperated and are green again now that the temperatures have been in the 80’s.





Even though the weather is better, I suspect that El Niño is not over yet…

The link below is a quick reminder form the USGA about what we can continue to expect in our area until this pattern moves out. Hopefully that will be sooner rather than later. 😁


Enjoy the better weather while it lasts, I know I will.

I look forward to seeing everyone on the course, and as always, if you have any questions, flag me down or shoot me an email. I always enjoy talking turf!

No comments:

Post a Comment