Thursday, January 18, 2024

Glen Eagle Maintenance (1/19/24)

I would like to start this week by welcoming Brian Robbins. Brian is our new Facilities Director. Brian has a lot of work ahead of him and I am certain he will continue the improvements we have made over the last 18 months. I look forward to seeing what he and Gary have in store for Glen Eagle’s facilities in 2024.

Found these memes on Wink News and thought they were funny.



Golf Course

The course is holding up pretty well considering the extremely bad weather we have had over the last month. We have a cold weekend coming up then the weather is forecasted to warm up with a better chance of sun next week.

I was lucky enough to catch the sun out for a couple hours on Thursday. What a difference sunlight makes on the color of the course.




I wanted to highlight the excellent work that David Rodriguez our Equipment Manager is doing refurbishing the course ball washers. The pictures below don’t do justice to the amount of work he is putting into making them look new again nor the money he is saving the club by doing this in-house rather than outsourcing this work. David is a very gifted individual a great guy, master mechanic and we are lucky to have him on staff for over 12 years. Great work David!





Common Grounds

One project our team concentrated on this week was adding rock along the back of the lanai. As you can see in the before and after pictures it made a wonderful improvement.




They also replaced old plant material along the road near the 13th tee.











I look forward to seeing everyone on the course, and as always, if you have any questions, flag me down or shoot me an email. I always enjoy talking turf!

No comments:

Post a Comment