Golf Course
The golf course and the weather are dry and hot. With no rain in 19 days, a 5+ inch deficit in rain fall (YTD), and record high temps, many in the mid 90’s, the course has many dry areas. I have been supplementing our night time watering by turning on additional water during my morning course checks but the only thing that will really make much difference is getting rain.
Even with the current weather conditions, the course continues to look good (dry spots not withstanding).
Side view of 3 green
#5 from the fairway
#6 from the forward tee
We used our first closed Monday to groom and topdress greens, and circle cut Tees & Fwys. These practices take more time to perform but really smooth out the surfaces and provide a higher level of playability.
Common Grounds & Facilities
Mostly routine maintenance this week, more updates next week.
I look forward to seeing everyone on the course or in the facilities, and as always, if you have any questions, flag me down or shoot me an email. I always enjoy talking turf and facilities too!



No comments:
Post a Comment