Golf Course
Something very weird happened this week. I went a whole week without one picture of the course. It has been hot and dry again so there are some hot spots that we are chasing with addition irrigation. I once again find myself looking forward to rainy season being here.
Other than that, not too much going on this week but normal maintenance. That changes some come Monday. Being closed on Mondays will allow us to perform tasks like circle cutting tees/fairways and topdressing suspected Nematode areas with Command. Nematodes are microscopic plant parasitic worms that attack turf roots. Due to the weakened roots, these areas tend to dry out more rapidly than areas with less nematode pressure. Using organic soil amendments like Command will help retain moisture and strengthen these areas. I can’t wait to get to work on them.
Facilities
We finally were able to complete the striping of the divot parking lot. I guess it’s true, good things come to those that wait. It turned out really good.





No comments:
Post a Comment