Thursday, September 29, 2022

Maintenance Update (9/30/22)

As everyone knows, Hurricane Ian made landfall in our area on Wednesday. While other communities in SW FL have suffered devastating destruction, Glen Eagle only saw minor landscape damage from the storm.

The good news for us is that we were very lucky. None of our buildings sustained visible structural, water or wind damage and the golf course and common grounds have only minor tree and water damage.

I don’t have pictures of projects this week but wanted to share pictures I took as I assessed the damage to the golf course and common grounds on Thursday.


#3 - Water over path and up to bridge at the tee


#3 - Water high along left side

#3 - Lake on right side connecting to lake on #7

#3 - Lake out of it’s banks around green




Water of path going to #4

Lake on #4 spilled over into UROS

#5 Tee - Water over path and on bridge



Debris on #6


#7 - Water on path

Trees damaged on 8 & 9


High water on 10 and 11







Tree down on 13

Water over the Bulkhead on 15

Cart path was under deep water on #17





Palm tree blown over at Davis Blvd

Canopies blown off at pool


As you can see damage is minimal. We will get the course back open as quickly as possible but that will be dictated by water levels on the cart paths.

I look forward to seeing everyone on the course or in the facilities once they open back up, and as always, if you have any questions, flag me down or shoot me an email. I always enjoy talking turf and facilities too!


No comments:

Post a Comment