Wednesday, April 8, 2026

Glen Eagle Maintenance (4/8/26)

 It’s Masters week, the most awaited golf week of the year. The week where we wonder what it would be like to play in near perfect conditions and where even Superintendents are wowed by the conditions produced. I guess it starts with unlimited resources but in the end, what always impresses me is the unending attention to detail. While not quite Augusta, I caught a couple pictures of our little piece of golf heaven this week.



Recent rain has helped with our conditions and taken some stress off of myself and our staff. Having 3.53” of rain in the last 12 days has improved course and common ground conditions but even more importantly, shortened the gap between dry and wet seasons. The 4” rise in lake levels will buy us approximately 30 more days of water availability than we had prior to the rain. This should help us to get to June when rains normally begin. We will still have to manage water diligently between now and then but every drop counts towards getting to that end goal.

This week, new flowers were installed in the common areas. The fall flowers were overgrown in many areas and replaced with plant types that will survive the hot summer temperatures ahead.

Out with the old…


In with the new…



I look forward to seeing everyone on the course, and as always, if you have any questions, flag me down or shoot me an email. I always enjoy talking turf!


No comments:

Post a Comment