Thursday, August 7, 2025

Glen Eagle Maintenance (8/7/25)

While I was away on vacation the golf course and maintenance staff were busy working to recover from the work we completed during the last course closure. The golf course is nice and green but I was suprised to also see hot spots when I returned. Hot spots in late July, early August are very rare, usually we are more worried about standing water and cart path only conditions. 

We ended July with only 6.05” of rain which is about half of our normal July rainfall. So far, no rainfall in August either.

Not having rain hasn’t hurt us at all, in fact it has allowed us to keep up with mowing since we haven’t been getting rained out every day.

Here are a few pictures of the course this week. 




We recently had a “new” piece of equipment delivered. I say “new” because this one replaces our existing spray rig but with some new features our current one doesn’t have. Most notably is the GPS spraying system that will allow us to more precisely and efficiently make spray applications to the golf course.




Right now this screen is blank but shortly we will be mapping the areas of the golf course which will allow us to designate specific areas to spray, preventing overspray into areas we don’t want to or need to spray.

Here is a quick YouTube video explaining the new system.


I look forward to seeing everyone on the course, and as always, if you have any questions, flag me down or shoot me an email. I always enjoy talking turf!

No comments:

Post a Comment