Thursday, February 27, 2025

Glen Eagle Maintenance (2/28/25)

Rain

Course is looking nice and green after the rain on Monday. In total we ended up with right at 1”. I hate that it pretty much washed out golf for the day but we really did need the rain. It also allowed us to keep off the irrigation for a couple days, preserving some of the water we have in the lakes.

Today was one of our busiest days of the year so far. Lucas tells me we had 280 rounds. Made me think about illustrating how traffic affects our course. Below is a drone picture of hole #3. It is one of the many holes where carts tend to exit the cart path immediately after the tees instead of traveling down the path and using the 90 degree rule. You can clearly see the wear pattern that creates verses other areas of the hole. I was actually surprised how many carts cut down the right side of the tee which is not the preferred route either.

After seeing the traffic pattern from the drone, I took a look at the data from the cart GPS system and was really shocked by the amount of traffic in general, but as suspected, GPS shows the same areas of concentrated as in the aerial picture.


Also interesting is that these pictures show that there is almost no area of the course that doesn’t get significant amounts of traffic.

Mostly routine maintenance this week but David and Sylvestre did a get in a little bridge repair too.









I look forward to seeing everyone on the course, and as always, if you have any questions, flag me down or shoot me an email. I always enjoy talking turf!

No comments:

Post a Comment