Thursday, April 4, 2024

Glen Eagle Maintenance (4/4/24)

Golf Course

We missed the rain on Wednesday night but the weather after the front has been really nice! We won’t have many more fronts cooling us down and soon it will be summer so we have to enjoy it while it lasts!


I mentioned a couple weeks ago that Dr. Kammerer was here to discuss agronomics. We received the report from the visit and things look pretty good. I am always interest in the root efficiency samples he takes. This time our roots looked very good which is especially nice considering the weather we have had over the last year.

Click the link to get the latest report

Common Grounds

The 3-year Ficus replacement project has begun with the area outside the community along the East side of Radio Road wall. This area has severely deteriorating Ficus that Collier County could require us to replace to remain compliant with our PUD. It will also make a huge improvement to the look of Glen Eagle as people pass by our property.

The process is to remove the bulk of the vegetation by cutting the foliage off the plants…





The next step will be to grind or remove the Ficus stumps. Then fix and/or add irrigation so that the Calusia will thrive and grow as quickly as possible. Once irrigation is complete, planting can begin. I am hopeful that will be putting new plants in the ground before month end.

I look forward to seeing everyone on the course, and as always, if you have any questions, flag me down or shoot me an email. I always enjoy talking turf!

No comments:

Post a Comment