Thursday, February 8, 2024

Glen Eagle Maintenance (2/8/24)

 Golf Course

We wound up with 1.25” of rain from the front that passed thru Sunday & Monday. Continued rainfall has kept our lake levels stable and at times, our lakes are higher than this same time last year.

The grass is still growing but slowly and is a bit off color due the the recent low overnight temperatures.

With the sun out and temperatures warming up some I expect the color to rebound more over the next several days.




You can do your part to help keep your course in its best condition. Keeping all 4 tires on the cart path near tees and greens is one way to do that.

Here is an article from the USGA explaining how that benefits the course.

https://www.usga.org/content/usga/home-page/course-care/green-section-record/62/issue-02/please-park-on-the-path.html#


Common Grounds


The flower are also enjoying the rain and sunlight…


I look forward to seeing everyone on the course, and as always, if you have any questions, flag me down or shoot me an email. I always enjoy talking turf!

No comments:

Post a Comment