Thursday, April 6, 2023

Glen Eagle Maintenance

 I thought it would never happen…but it did!


“Liquid gold” and a substantial amount at that!


Golf Course

I am looking forward to how the grass reacts over the next several days.
Since it has been so long without rain, salts and bicarbonates, toxins to the plant, have built up in the soils from the irrigation water . Rain is very pure and/or clean so it will flush these toxins from the soil and dilute them within the plant which results in a green up following rain events. Salt also physically “seals off” the soil which prevents irrigation water from penetrating the soil. Rain will dissolve some of that salt and allow water to penetrate and hydrate the soil.

I’m not sure much of anything else matters after the big rain we had this evening but I took a couple pictures on 17 today that I thought illustrated some of our water management. Basically that greens and around the greens get priority and other areas all fall in line behind them. That is evident from a look towards the green and then away from the green on 17. I will take the same pictures early next week and see if we can visually see if the “hot spot” in the fairway improves since the rain we received today.



With the single/straight tee off of #1 starting this week, we were able to get out the verticutters and groom the greens. This helps smooth them out and usually speeds them up just a touch. I have putted them this week and they feel like they are right where we want them.


#6 looking good today


Common Grounds & Facilities

Not a lot of work that could be captured in photos this week. One small project that was, Hector painted the sidewalk in the clubhouse parking lot.


I look forward to seeing everyone on the course or in the facilities, and as always, if you have any questions, flag me down or shoot me an email. I always enjoy talking turf and facilities too!


No comments:

Post a Comment