Thursday, March 2, 2023

Maintenance Updates (3/3/23)

 

Golf Course

It’s great to see everyone out enjoying the golf course. Don tells me we had 311 players on the tee sheet last Thursday. I don’t know if that’s a record, but seems higher than I remember in years past. All-in-all, the golf course is in good shape especially considering we recorded no rain for all of February. 



While I was out checking the course this week I noticed something on #10 that explains some of our tight turf conditions this time of year.
In the pictures below, you can see how thick and green the turf is around the drain. Carts avoid the drain which reduces the compaction allowing the turf to grow up to our 1.5” height of cut. In comparison, the rough were carts exit the path and head toward the fairway is much tighter and lower than 1.5”.

These conditions are normal for the amount of play we get and the slower growth of the turf this time of year. However, I do get questions asking why we mow our turf so low when in reality, no matter what height we mow at, the limiting factor will be the amount of traffic present over any given amount of time.



Facilities

The bocce courts had a similar issue to the golf course - compaction. Due to the amount of play the courts have had, they clay became compact. Surface material was added and from the majority of comments I have heard they are playing much better. 






Hector’s been up to many things as usual.

Adding lock boxes for A/C controllers


Painting clean outs so they blend in to the landscape



Replacing leaking electrical outlet covers to prevent tripping during rain and/or irrigation events




Replacing the flag light at the front entrance



Resetting the fire pit safety switch


Pressure washing sidewalks


Replacing the clock in divot that wouldn’t keep time



Hanging more pictures at the Divot


Painting smokers stations for the Pro Shop and Bocce Courts


Patching asphalt at Radio Road Entrance 




I look forward to seeing everyone on the course or in the facilities, and as always, if you have any questions, flag me down or shoot me an email. I always enjoy talking turf and facilities too!







No comments:

Post a Comment